Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Richard Raquepo <rr...@primeorion.com> on 2003/06/02 10:30:59 UTC

i suddenly got this error from nowhere

my app is working just fine but i can't remember anything that might have cause this error.

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory
 at org.apache.struts.taglib.tiles.InsertTag.<clinit>(InsertTag.java:104)
 at _login__jsp._jspService(/login.jsp:5)
 at com.caucho.jsp.JavaPage.service(JavaPage.java:75)
 at com.caucho.jsp.Page.subservice(Page.java:497)
 at com.caucho.server.http.FilterChainPage.doFilter(FilterChainPage.java:182)
 at com.caucho.server.http.Invocation.service(Invocation.java:312)
 at com.caucho.server.http.CacheInvocation.service(CacheInvocation.java:135)
 at com.caucho.server.http.HttpRequest.handleRequest(HttpRequest.java:244)
 at com.caucho.server.http.HttpRequest.handleConnection(HttpRequest.java:163)
 at com.caucho.server.TcpConnection.run(TcpConnection.java:137)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

anyone has any idea what this error is about? my struts file are all in my web-inf/lib directory.

thanks

Re: i suddenly got this error from nowhere

Posted by Nadja Senoucci <se...@21st.de>.
> anyone has any idea what this error is about? my struts file are all in
> my web-inf/lib directory.

I don't know if this will help you but I got the error when I forget to
place the commons-logging.jar in Tomcat or when I forget to alter my
classpath so the library can be found. It does seem as if the app can't find
this library, so I'd say check your classpath and see if that library is
in it.
Greetings,
Nadja

RE: struts based open source project

Posted by Trung Le <lh...@optusnet.com.au>.
I believe some of the apps are available at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/struts

Posted by Richard Raquepo <rr...@primeorion.com>.
im using resin....

thanks guys... it's working now... just restarted my PC... and it worked...

still, can't figure out why? i never move any of my jar files...

but thanks anyways... as always...

-richard