Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com> on 1997/01/28 20:54:12 UTC

bugs in 1.2b6

	- mod_rewrite sizeof oops.  I will commit the obvious fix as
	  soon as I have a couple of +1s.  I realize that some would
	  probably just commit the fix but I haven't been around here
	  long enough to feel comfortable just doing that.

	- mod_info output bug; already fixed

	...and a few others.  The ftp proxy debug thing would be a
	   good one right now.  Chuck?  (even if the rest aren't
	   ready...)

I propose making an apply_to_1.2b6 directory under patches and putting
these there, and adding a pointer to that directory from the readme in
/dist/ and perhaps the bug report page.  I will do this if people
agree.

Is there any special policy for docs outside of the CVS tree?

Re: bugs in 1.2b6

Posted by Chuck Murcko <ch...@topsail.org>.
Marc Slemko wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Jan 1997, Chuck Murcko wrote:
>

> > I don't understand this. Why not just fix 'em & commit 'em?
>
> You mean as opposed to fixing them, committing them, and putting patches
> on the web site so that instead of getting 100 bug reports of the same
> thing and having the web site look outdated and useless and having people
> get annoyed at the bugs that aren't posted, people see the fix, use it and
> test it for us at the same time without us having to release another beta
> just for that?

I get it now. The extra step is worth it. +1
--
chuck
Chuck Murcko

Re: bugs in 1.2b6