Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by anurag sharma <im...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/15 15:24:00 UTC

Issues while using python script in Apache NIFI for ExecuteStreamCommand processor

Hi,

I am trying to use python script in Apache NIFI for ExecuteStreamCommand
processor, but its not working properly.
I don't know how to read data from FlowFile and how to create FlowFile in
Python script.
Could you please provide me a sample python script.

I found your email from the below page:
https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/nifi-dev/201506.mbox/%3CCADT6bVsNUkrjhLDRTZ29WMQKD85XjMqgykgQcpW881WVosTrkg@mail.gmail.com%3E

Thanks & Reagrds,
Anurag

Re: Issues while using python script in Apache NIFI for ExecuteStreamCommand processor

Posted by Mark Payne <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Anurag,

Your Python script should not need to know about FlowFiles. Rather, the content of the FlowFile
will be streamed to the Python script's "Standard In" and whatever the script writes to "Standard Out"
will become the new content of the FlowFile.

Does this make sense?

Thanks
-Mark