Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by nithyavembu <ni...@yahoo.co.in> on 2007/09/05 18:53:49 UTC

How to search Case Sensitive words?

Hi All,

    Now i am facing the problem with case sensitive text. I am indexing
smaller case word but when i give the same word in upper case for search,
its not getting search.
    Example : Indexing word : "corent"
                  Searching word : "CORENT".
   If i search "CORENT" it retrieves nothing. Whether i have to change any
configuration? I am using the default configuration. And it has lower case
filter also.
   If any help, appreciated.

Regards,
V.Nithya.

Re: How to search Case Sensitive words?

Posted by nithyavembu <ni...@yahoo.co.in>.
Hi Dona,

   Thanks a lot for your reply. Yeah, its with the analyzer we use for
indexing and searching for case sensitive words. You are correct :-)

   But Even i use those types of indexing and searching i am unable to
search the case sensitive words..
   I am facing the problem in forming query.
   My query structure is : (searchtext+*).
   For example I am indexing three records named
     * priya
     * priyadarshini
     * priyan

   If i search for (PRIYA*), it has to retrieve the all three records. But
it is retrieving nothing.
   If i search (PRIYA), it retrieving all.
   If i search (PRIYA\*), in encoded form (PRIYA%5C*), it retrieving only
priya.

   In my query structure "*" should come after the search text to get all
details..Its like google search..I have the necessity to use "*". But if i
use "*", It does not retrieve record. At the same time i want all records
with the case sensitive words. Is there any solution?

   Thanks in advance.

Regards,
V.Nithya.