Posted to user@ant.apache.org by hezjing <he...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/07 17:14:12 UTC

Creating WAR by referring to pathelement?

Hi

I have defined the following paths,

  <path id="compile.class.path">
    <pathelement path="X.jar" />
  </path>

  <path id="runtime.class.path">
    <pathelement path="Y.jar" />
  </path>

Both of the above compile and runtime JARs are bundled in a WAR like this,

    <war destfile="my.war" webxml="web.xml">
      <lib file="X.jar" />
      <lib file="Y.jar" />
    </war>

Do you have any idea of how should I simply this, so that the WAR task is
able to retrieve the files specified by compile.class.path and
runtime.class.path?
Instead of me typing the same JARs in different places?

--

Hez

AW: Creating WAR by referring to pathelement?

Posted by Ja...@rzf.fin-nrw.de.
>  <path id="compile.class.path">
>    <pathelement path="X.jar" />
>  </path>
>
>  <path id="runtime.class.path">
>    <pathelement path="Y.jar" />
>  </path>
>

>    <war destfile="my.war" webxml="web.xml">
>      <lib file="X.jar" />
>      <lib file="Y.jar" />
>    </war>

I think.
	<war><lib refid="compile.classpath"/><lib
refid="runtime.class.path"/></war>

But referencing another <fileset> should work.
  <path id="compile.class.path">
    <fileset id="fs.compile.libs" dir="." includes="X.jar" />
  </path>
  <path id="runtime.class.path">
    <fileset id="fs.rt.libs" dir="." includes="Y.jar" />
  </path>
  <war destfile="my.war" webxml="web.xml">
      <lib refid="fs.compile.libs" />
      <lib refid="fs.rt.libs" />
  </war>
But because of the use of fileset the referenced libraries have to have
the same base
directory. (Or you must specify a fileset for each base directory.)

Jan