Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by mikmela <mi...@yahoo.com> on 2012/08/06 21:09:49 UTC

cms crashing when SSL certificate's subject alternative name doesn't match the specified in failover URI

When we specify self-signed certificate in PEM-formatted file as value of the
"decaf.net.ssl.trustStore" property and SAN that does't match any name in
failover URI, cms is crashing on Windows with "R6025 Pure Virtual Function
Call" run-time error. Debugger shows that cms is trying to fire an exception
using listener pointer that is not instantiated properly in *void
TransportFilter::fire( const decaf::lang::Exception& ex ) * method...
I could not find any SSL cpp-unit based tests in cms to run to confirm the
issue... I'm using activemq-cms 3.4 and was wondering if anybody can confirm
whether this an issue?

Re: cms crashing when SSL certificate's subject alternative name doesn't match the specified in failover URI

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 2012-08-06 at 12:09 -0700, mikmela wrote:
> When we specify self-signed certificate in PEM-formatted file as value of the
> "decaf.net.ssl.trustStore" property and SAN that does't match any name in
> failover URI, cms is crashing on Windows with "R6025 Pure Virtual Function
> Call" run-time error. Debugger shows that cms is trying to fire an exception
> using listener pointer that is not instantiated properly in *void
> TransportFilter::fire( const decaf::lang::Exception& ex ) * method...
> I could not find any SSL cpp-unit based tests in cms to run to confirm the
> issue... I'm using activemq-cms 3.4 and was wondering if anybody can confirm
> whether this an issue?

Sounds like a problem, you are welcome to create a test case for
inclusion into the unit tests and attach that to a Jira issue.

Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | FuseSource Corp
tim.bish@fusesource.com | www.fusesource.com
skype: tabish121 | twitter: @tabish121