Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Helen Zaks <he...@virtualtourist.com> on 2006/12/04 20:23:21 UTC

tapestry select

Hello,
I'm having an issue with the tapestry Select component.  According to the Select component example for Tapestry 4.0, 'selected' binding of the Option Component should be bound to a boolean array.  Everything works fine when the component first loads on the page. However, when I submit the form, I get a null exception on the page before the submit methos is even called.
This is the exception I'm getting....
Unable to update OGNL expression '<parsed OGNL expression>' of $EventEdit_36@1e3f171[Test/$EventEdit] to false: target is null for setProperty(null, "0", false)
binding: 	ExpressionBinding[Test/$EventEdit hoursSelection[currentHoursIndex]]

Thanks for your help.
Helen

Re: tapestry select

Posted by Jonas Maurus <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Helen,

you should post such questions to the tapestry-user list... that said,
a little more information, like the relevant parts of the page's
specification and template wouldn't hurt. I'd assume that the binding
somehow ends up being null. You might have missed the

public void pageBeginRender(PageEvent event) {
    if (getSelection() == null) {
      setSelection(new boolean[colors.length]);
    }
  }

part in the documentation that initializes the boolean array during
the pageBeginRender(...)-event handler.

hope this helps,
Jonas