Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by chris snow <ch...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/21 22:27:21 UTC

wiki - missing puppet setup information - $package_repo ?

In /etc/puppet/manifests/nodes.pp [1] there is the following variable:

  #essential variables
  $package_repo         = 'http://10.4.128.7'

What does this variable mean? What should it be set to?

Many thanks,

Chris

---
[1] from https://github.com/apache/incubator-stratos/blob/master/tools/puppet3/manifests/nodes.pp

Re: wiki - missing puppet setup information - $package_repo ?

Posted by Praneesha Chandrasiri <pr...@wso2.com>.
Hi Chris,

Thanks for pointing this out.

Will look into this.

--
Thanks & Best Regards,
*Praneesha Chandrasiri*

Re: wiki - missing puppet setup information - $package_repo ?

Posted by Sajith Kariyawasam <sa...@wso2.com>.
As Nirmal has mentioned that variable is added to download packs from a
separate web server, in order to reduce the load on puppet master. This is
planned to fix in the next release.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STRATOS-483

--
*--*
*Sajith Kariyawasam*

Re: wiki - missing puppet setup information - $package_repo ?

Posted by chris snow <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thanks both!

http://lnkd.in/cw5k69

Re: wiki - missing puppet setup information - $package_repo ?

Posted by Praneesha Chandrasiri <pr...@wso2.com>.
@Nirmal - Thanks for advising.

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris,