Posted to user@spark.apache.org by dugdun <du...@hotmail.com> on 2015/08/24 23:44:02 UTC

`show tables like 'tmp*';` does not work in Spark 1.3.0+

Hi guys and gals,

I have a Spark 1.2.0 instance running that I connect to via the thrift
interface using beeline. On this instance I can send a command like `show
tables like 'tmp*';` and I get a list of all tables that start with `tmp`.
When testing this same command out on a server that is running Spark 1.3.0
or higher, I now get an error message:

    0: jdbc:hive2://localhost:10001> show tables like 'tmp*';
    Error: java.lang.RuntimeException: [1.13] failure: ``in'' expected but
identifier like found

    show tables like 'tmp*'
                ^ (state=,code=0)
    0: jdbc:hive2://localhost:10001>

I'm wondering if wildcard matching was inadvertently removed, or if there is
another way to accomplish the same thing without having to do this filtering
on the client side.

Cheers!

Doug