Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Joost de Heer <sa...@xs4all.nl> on 2005/07/29 08:33:00 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: mod_ssl missing

Tom Ray [Lists] said:
> We built a box months ago using SuSE 9.1, and installed everything
> straight from the CD's via YaST but it seems that when we tried to get a
> SSL enabled site to work, it gave us errors. Doing a quick search on the
> box it seems that mod_ssl.c isn't installed. When I do a
> /usr/sbin/httpd2 -l mod_ssl.c doesn't not appear in the list compiled
> modules. From my understanding mod_ssl is part of the apache 2.0.49
> build that comes with SuSE 9.1, but it doesn't seem to be installed.

Guessing from old SuSE installations, they broke up Apache in several RPM
packages, one for each module. So you probably need to install the mod_ssl
package.

Joost

Re: [users@httpd] Re: mod_ssl missing

Posted by "Tom Ray [Lists]" <li...@blazestudios.com>.
Thanks-

I was able to get it going finally. Once I was able to understand where
everything was being stored on the server and how to call to it.

Thanks for all the help everyone.