Posted to dev@metron.apache.org by Michael Miklavcic <mi...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/30 00:42:27 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] How are you using in Metron?

Hi Sanket, thanks for sharing!

Can you elaborate a bit more on your experience and challenges with model
deployment?

> We have another interesting use case where we kind of started prototyping
Metron – financial fraud. Although it might sound a very different and
unrelated domain, the “technical architectural pattern” is astonishingly
similar.

TBH, you could probably view Metron even more broadly than that.
Fundamentally, it's a streaming analytics platform with some emphasis on
cybersecurity to keep things a bit more focused. But I see absolutely no
reason why you couldn't replace terminology like "sensor/parser" with
something more generalized such as "data source." We get data into the
system, normalize it, provide hooks for enhancing (enriching) that data via
a variety of sources including machine learning models, and flag records
and provide a highly configurable method to score them. I mean, why not use
this for genomics? Or dynamic live traffic adjustments? Or stock trading?
Etc...