Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Hanne Moa <ha...@uninett.no> on 2007/05/08 15:54:20 UTC

OpenSSO and cocoon

Has anyone experimented with OpenSSO <https://opensso.dev.java.net/> (or
more exactly OpenFederation) in cocoon? I've just started looking into
it, as it's about to be a must in my organization.

HM

Re: OpenSSO and cocoon

Posted by Andrew Savory <an...@luminas.co.uk>.
Hi Hanne,

On 8 May 2007, at 14:54, Hanne Moa wrote:

> Has anyone experimented with OpenSSO <https://opensso.dev.java.net/
> > (or more exactly OpenFederation) in cocoon? I've just started
> looking into it, as it's about to be a must in my organization.

I did some work with the guys at Newcastle University on Shibboleth
integration with Cocoon. The simple workaround we implemented was to
use authentication within Apache httpd, and then to use a simple
authentication pipeline in the Cocoon authentication framework that
checked the headers for the presence of various attributes set during
the httpd authentication. It worked quite neatly and removed the need
to do more extensive integration. You might be able to take the same
approach?

Thanks,

Andrew.
--
Andrew Savory, Managing Director, Sourcesense UK
Tel: +44 (0)870 741 6658  Fax: +44 (0)700 598 1135

Re: OpenSSO and cocoon

Posted by Hanne Moa <ha...@uninett.no>.
trampus wrote:
> Have a look at http://shibboleth.internet2.edu too.

That's SAML 1.1 while we will be doing SAML 2. Maybe shibboleth will
be updated.

> I think federated authorization should be independent from the
> authorization architecture, but I'm not sure if there is
> interoperability (even if both declares are SAML v1.1
> implementation).

I use more than java, the problem with SAML2 now is really that it is
almost Java only.

I'll keep ya'll posted.

HM

RE: OpenSSO and cocoon

Posted by trampus <tr...@units.it>.
Have a look at http://shibboleth.internet2.edu too. I think federated
authorization should be independent from the authorization architecture, but
I'm not sure if there is interoperability (even if both declares are SAML
v1.1 implementation).

> it's about to be a must in my organization

yes, I guess it will for us too, in the next year. But I have not time to
investigate the technology, for the moment.

RT