Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by генерал Пурпоз <kb...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/07 19:17:05 UTC

An SVN access with the winXP-SP2 "TortoiseSVN" client: does not work for me...

Hello dev,

  Should I be able to access the
  http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/apr/apr/trunk/
  with the TortoiseSVN client from winXP-SP2?

  I get these errors:
Error: PROPFIND request failed on '/viewvc/apr/apr/trunk'
Error: PROPFIND of '/viewvc/apr/apr/trunk': 302 Found (http://svn.apache.org)

--
Best regards,
 Anthony                   mailto:kb2wjw@gmail.com

Re: An SVN access with the winXP-SP2 "TortoiseSVN" client: does not work for me...

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 2/7/07, генерал Пурпоз <kb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello dev,
>
>   Should I be able to access the
>   http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/apr/apr/trunk/
>   with the TortoiseSVN client from winXP-SP2?
>
>   I get these errors:
> Error: PROPFIND request failed on '/viewvc/apr/apr/trunk'
> Error: PROPFIND of '/viewvc/apr/apr/trunk': 302 Found (http://svn.apache.org)

You want http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr/trunk.  You were
trying to check out the URL of our ViewVC instance, not the one of our
Subversion server.

-garrett

Re: Re[2]: An SVN access with the winXP-SP2 "TortoiseSVN" client: does not work for me...

Posted by Gringo Croco <gr...@gmail.com>.
quote from http://apr.apache.org/anonsvn.html (the page referred by
the "Subversion" link on the right side of most of the APR pages):

Anonymous Subversion access is available as follows:

  svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr/trunk/ apr
  svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr-util/trunk/ apr-util
  svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr-iconv/trunk/ apr-iconv

You can also browse the repository using ViewVC

On 2/8/07, генерал Пурпоз <kb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I got my initial link on the front page of the APR project.
> To avoid us lamers of stepping on the same rakes again - it would be
> nice to post the actual SVN link somewhere too.

it's already posted and has been for some time, you just need to be a
little more attentive :)

Lucian Adrian Grijincu

Re[2]: An SVN access with the winXP-SP2 "TortoiseSVN" client: does not work for me...

Posted by генерал Пурпоз <kb...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Sander, thanks Garrett,

> Use http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr/trunk to get to the
> actual SVN repository.
I got my initial link on the front page of the APR project.
To avoid us lamers of stepping on the same rakes again - it would be
nice to post the actual SVN link somewhere too.

Thank you again!
:)

Posted by Sander Temme <sa...@temme.net>.
On Feb 7, 2007, at 10:17 AM, генерал Пурпоз wrote:

> Hello dev,
>
>   Should I be able to access the
>   http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/apr/apr/trunk/
>   with the TortoiseSVN client from winXP-SP2?

No. Use http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr/trunk to get to the
actual SVN repository. The viewvc front-end is only for access
through a web browser

>   I get these errors:
> Error: PROPFIND request failed on '/viewvc/apr/apr/trunk'
> Error: PROPFIND of '/viewvc/apr/apr/trunk': 302 Found (http://
> svn.apache.org)

The location (viewvc) you're trying to access is not WebDAV enabled.
Use the URL I gave above.

S.