Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Nathan Coast <na...@codeczar.com> on 2003/11/28 05:05:20 UTC

cruisecontrol, CI & maven

Hi,

Is it 'expected' that cruisecontrol will be the defacto mechanism for performing
CI within maven?  In other words is it worth investing the time to learn
cruisecontrol?

As a cruisecontrol newbie I'm not sure where the boundaries of cruisecontrol and
maven overlap.  What I'm looking for is some way of schedulling cvs checkout,
build, deploy, test, email someone when it goes wrong.

Is there a more recent maven plugin for cruisecontrol?  I had a look at the
current plugin and the run method doesn't seem to do much :)

  <!--==================================================================-->
   <!-- Run Cruise Control                                               -->
   <!--==================================================================-->
   <goal name="cruisecontrol:run"
     description="Run Cruise Control">
     <!-- TODO -->
   </goal>

cheers
Nathan

Re: cruisecontrol, CI & maven

Posted by Nathan Coast <na...@codeczar.com>.
cool, I'll have a look at damage control too

Re: cruisecontrol, CI & maven

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003, Nathan Coast wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it 'expected' that cruisecontrol will be the defacto mechanism for performing
> CI within maven?  In other words is it worth investing the time to learn
> cruisecontrol?

Possibly not as 'DamageControl' [http://wiki.codehaus.org/general/DamageControl]
is new at Codehaus and the developers have also been involved in Maven [I
think].

Hen

Re: cruisecontrol, CI & maven

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
Looks like you didn't give cruisecontrol the -configfile or -project
options.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting

Re: cruisecontrol, CI & maven