Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Kartik Shah <ka...@olsworld.com> on 2000/12/28 07:05:46 UTC

Documentation and a small example.

Hi,

I am trying to understand the Slide API but I am not able to get any
documentation explaining the basic flow of the APIs.

Also I would be thankful, if someone could tell me from where to get the
javax.management API as I am unable to download it from the Sun website.

Also is there any demo application using the Slide API so that I can
understand it better.

Thanks

Kartik

----------
Kartik Shah
NetAcross OLS Ltd.
30, Dhanraj Mahal;
E-Wing 3rd Floor;
Colaba, Mumbai - 400039
Ph: + 91 - 22 - 202 9889
Email: <ma...@olsworld.com>kartik@olsworld.com

----------

Re: Documentation and a small example.

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@betaversion.org>.
Quoting Kartik Shah <ka...@olsworld.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to understand the Slide API but I am not able to get any
> documentation explaining the basic flow of the APIs.

Except the JavaDoc, there's not much right now.
Documentation takes a loooong time to write, and I'm not a tech writer, so it
takes me forever.
There's also the fact that I only work on Slide on whatever spare time I have,
and therefore I don't spend much time on stuff I think is boring.

I'm working on a doc update, which should be ready before the end of the week
(hopefully).

> Also I would be thankful, if someone could tell me from where to get the
> javax.management API as I am unable to download it from the Sun
> website.

That's JMX, and you don't need it to run Slide.

> Also is there any demo application using the Slide API so that I can
> understand it better.

There are some very small examples, and also there's the WebDAV servlet (which
uses the Slide API).
I just noticed I wasn't packaging the examples sources in the binary
distributions of Slide, which is dumb. I'll fix that.

Remy