Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com> on 2014/05/12 21:03:26 UTC

#Contributors on JIRA

Hi devs

Looks like we ran over the max contributors allowed for a project, again. I
don't remember what we did last time and can't find it in my email either.

Can we bump up the number of contributors allowed? Otherwise, we might have
to remove some of the currently inactive contributors from the list?

Thanks
Karthik

Re: #Contributors on JIRA

Posted by Pete of Pete <pe...@gmail.com>.
Cheers Aaron!

All the best,

;-pete

Re: #Contributors on JIRA

Posted by "Aaron T. Myers" <at...@cloudera.com>.
Hey Pete,

Re: #Contributors on JIRA

Posted by Ravi Prakash <ra...@ymail.com>.
You mean {common,mapreduce,yarn,hdfs}-{dev,commits,issues}@hadoop.apache.org lists mentioned on https://hadoop.apache.org/mailing_lists.html ?

Re: #Contributors on JIRA

Posted by Pete of Pete <pe...@gmail.com>.

Re: #Contributors on JIRA

Posted by Kihwal Lee <ki...@yahoo-inc.com>.
I removed a bunch who have been inactive for years a couple of months ago
from hdfs.  Having a limit forces us to remove stale entries, so it is not
entirely bad.  If the actual number of contributors reach the limit and
the limit can't be changed easily, we might be able to create another jira
group and give it a necessary permission.

Kihwal

Re: #Contributors on JIRA

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.
think it's unrelated ... hadoop-* hasn't moved to the role-based model yet
AFAIK

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: #Contributors on JIRA

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi Steve,

Re: #Contributors on JIRA

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.
ASF JIRA has been moving to role-based over group-based security -you may
be able to give more people a role than a group allows. But, as of last
week and a spark-initiated change, by default contributors can't assign
issues.

someone could talk to infra@apache and see if a move would help

On 14 May 2014 04:31, Suresh Srinivas <su...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Last time we cleaned up names of people who had not contributed in a long
> time. That could be an option.
>

> On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 12:03 PM, Karthik Kambatla <kasha@cloudera.com
> >wrote:
>
> > Hi devs
> >
> > Looks like we ran over the max contributors allowed for a project,
> again. I
> > don't remember what we did last time and can't find it in my email
> either.
> >
> > Can we bump up the number of contributors allowed? Otherwise, we might
> have
> > to remove some of the currently inactive contributors from the list?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Karthik
> >

> --
> http://hortonworks.com/download/