Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Kartik Kudada <ka...@exate.com.INVALID> on 2022/08/23 11:35:51 UTC

Additional parameters to be passed with model json

Hi Developers ,

Hope you are well .

I would like to modify model.json so that I can pass additional key - value
parameters .
I am able to pass additional parameters with connection URL .

Is it right to modify JsonRoot class ? Or any other way around?

Regards,
Kartik

Re: Additional parameters to be passed with model json

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@gmail.com>.
The general idea is that schemas are created before connections, look the same to everyone, and continue to live after connections close. You’d be breaking that principle, so you should be careful.

Maybe you can write a SchemaFactory that can see some of the connection parameters, maybe via a ThreadLocal. And add some code to set that ThreadLocal.

Julian