Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by "Schneiders, Bernd" <be...@logica.com> on 2008/04/23 12:48:08 UTC

Tuscany SCA and Spring problems

Hi all,

I'm new in SCA and Tuscany. I spend days of trying to solve my problems
and I can't move forward :-(

I hope someone of you have an idea where my problems are. I'm fascinated
by SCA and Tuscany (up to now only in theory, because I have these
problems :-) ).

My intention is to migrate my Spring application to Tuscany.

I read a lot of SCA stuff like the "Spring Component Implementation
Specification" and some Tuscany examples.

Regarding the "Spring Component Implementation Specification" each
application context should be an own composite. Each bean is a component
in this composite. (In my case: ContextSerivceComposite,
UserManagementServiceComponent and UsermanagementDaoComponent).

Each component must include a <service> attribute. The name of this
service is identical to the bean name. The <reference> attribute is the
same as the reference at a bean property.

My application context:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

       xmlns:sca="http://www.springframework.org/schema/sca"

                           http://www.springframework.org/schema/sca

http://www.springframework.org/schema/sca/spring-sca.xsd">

  <bean id="userManagementService"

class="eu.esdihumboldt.mediator.usermanagement.UserManagementServiceImpl
">

        <property name="dao" ref="usermanagementDao" />

  </bean>

  <bean id="usermanagementDao"

class="eu.esdihumboldt.mediator.usermanagement.hibernate.UserManagementD
AOImpl">

  </bean>

</beans>

My SCDL file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<composite xmlns="http://www.osoa.org/xmlns/sca/1.0"

    name="ContextSerivceComposite">

    <component name="UserManagementServiceComponent">

        <implementation.spring location="application_context.xml"/>

        <service name="userManagementService"/>

        <reference name="usermanagementDao"
target="UsermanagementDaoComponent" />

    </component>

    <component name="UsermanagementDaoComponent">

        <implementation.spring location="application.xml"/>

        <service name="usermanagementDao"/>

    </component>

</composite>

If I start this, I will get anytime these errors:

Apr 23, 2008 12:31:44 PM
org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.builder.impl.CompositeBuilderImpl$1
problem

WARNING: [WARNING] Service not found for component service:
UserManagementServiceComponent/userManagementService null

Apr 23, 2008 12:31:44 PM
org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.assembly.CompositeActivatorImpl activate

WARNING: Skipping component service not defined in the component type:
UsermanagementDaoComponent#usermanagementDao

How to solve these errors?

Maybe there is something I'm totally misunderstanding...

I'm using: tuscany-sca-1.1-incubating and Spring 2.0.5

Many thanks,

Bernd