Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Roger Crerie <ro...@hds.com> on 2015/03/26 18:18:53 UTC

OVM3 test failures

I just updated my source from the master repository.  I am now seeing failures with cloud-plugin-hypervisor-ovm3.  The failures are having to do with the tests that OVM3 are running.  I ran the ovm install command to clear the old databse ....
mvn -P developer -pl developer -Ddeploydb

But when I go to build cloudstack now I fail with 6 separate tests in OVM3.  Am I missing something?

Roger

RE: OVM3 test failures

Posted by Roger Crerie <ro...@hds.com>.
Sorry that was a typo.  My goal was to show that I did a rebuild of the Database in case it was a problem with me not having the right tables in the DB TO run the tests.  I brought over this afternoon from master ran the command to redeploy the database and then ran mvn install -P development,systemvm in the root of the repository.  I have also tried running mvn install from the \cloudstack\plugins\hypervisors\ovm3 directory directly as this seems to be the location of my failures.

Roger

Posted by Raja Pullela <ra...@citrix.com>.
Cool, thank you for the update! Will check out this in the morning.

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Daan

Re: OVM3 test failures

Posted by Funs Kessen <fu...@barred.org>.
Daan,

I can confirm that a fresh checkout of master and a build of marvin after the apidoc works for
me too.

Cheers,

Funs

> On 16 Apr 2015, at 21:46, Funs Kessen <fu...@barred.org> wrote:
>
> Daan,
>
> I did the same, but noticed it’s the cloudstack-marvin plugin, so am doing it again to
> figure out what’s going on there to see if I didn’t jump the gun with my comment.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Funs
>
>> On 16 Apr 2015, at 21:35, Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Funs,Raja,
>>
>> I did some more investigation. The issue has no relation to the change
>> mentioned by e indeed but neither to the latest commits. It runs on my
>> laptop (TM) so I suspect a problem on the jenkins slave or an false
>> assumption about the slaves in the tests. We'll need to investigate
>> further. I look at other marvin jobs. At first glance they all seem to
>> feel. (4.4, 4.5 etc.)
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 1:59 PM, Funs Kessen <fu...@barred.org> wrote:
>>> Hi Raja,
>>>
>>> It seems there is no relation between what Daan was talking about and this problem as far as I can see.
>>>
>>> If you revert your last commit I suspect that everything is ok, so we need to figure out what your commit triggers that causes it to fail I guess as prior to that stuff seemed to work (tm).
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> Funs
>>>
>>> PS: Are you on Cloudstack days in Austin per chance, then I could help you figuring out what’s going on.

—
	=Funs

Re: OVM3 test failures

Posted by Funs Kessen <fu...@barred.org>.
Daan,

I did the same, but noticed it’s the cloudstack-marvin plugin, so am doing it again to
figure out what’s going on there to see if I didn’t jump the gun with my comment.

Cheers,

Funs

> On 16 Apr 2015, at 21:35, Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Funs,Raja,
>
> I did some more investigation. The issue has no relation to the change
> mentioned by e indeed but neither to the latest commits. It runs on my
> laptop (TM) so I suspect a problem on the jenkins slave or an false
> assumption about the slaves in the tests. We'll need to investigate
> further. I look at other marvin jobs. At first glance they all seem to
> feel. (4.4, 4.5 etc.)
>
> On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 1:59 PM, Funs Kessen <fu...@barred.org> wrote:
>> Hi Raja,
>>
>> It seems there is no relation between what Daan was talking about and this problem as far as I can see.
>>
>> If you revert your last commit I suspect that everything is ok, so we need to figure out what your commit triggers that causes it to fail I guess as prior to that stuff seemed to work (tm).
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Funs
>>
>> PS: Are you on Cloudstack days in Austin per chance, then I could help you figuring out what’s going on.
>>
>>> On 16 Apr 2015, at 20:38, Raja Pullela <ra...@citrix.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> the builds are failing due to ovm3 audit failures.
>>> https://builds.apache.org/job/cloudstack-marvin/1723/console
>>>
>>> Daan, not sure if the change you were planning to do will address this issue?
>>>
>>> Raj

—
	=Funs

Re: OVM3 test failures

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
Funs,Raja,

--
Daan

Re: OVM3 test failures

Posted by Funs Kessen <fu...@barred.org>.
Hi Raja,

It seems there is no relation between what Daan was talking about and this problem as far as I can see.

If you revert your last commit I suspect that everything is ok, so we need to figure out what your commit triggers that causes it to fail I guess as prior to that stuff seemed to work (tm).

Cheers

Funs

PS: Are you on Cloudstack days in Austin per chance, then I could help you figuring out what’s going on.

> On 16 Apr 2015, at 20:38, Raja Pullela <ra...@citrix.com> wrote:
>
> the builds are failing due to ovm3 audit failures.
> https://builds.apache.org/job/cloudstack-marvin/1723/console
>
> Daan, not sure if the change you were planning to do will address this issue?
>
> Raj

—
	=Funs

RE: OVM3 test failures

--
Daan

Re: OVM3 test failures

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Daan

RE: OVM3 test failures

Posted by Roger Crerie <ro...@hds.com>.

--
Daan

RE: OVM3 test failures

Posted by Roger Crerie <ro...@hds.com>.

--
Daan

Re: OVM3 test failures

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Daan

RE: OVM3 test failures

Posted by Roger Crerie <ro...@hds.com>.
Never mind it looks like the pull request was merged so I assume that the fix is in the master branch now.  I'll pull now and check it out.

Roger

Nah you are smart enough, it’s just that I was lazy and did a search and replace and then noticed I broke something and fixed it with another commit.

thanks!

> On 27 Mar 2015, at 12:12, Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> /me not being smart enough to use pull requests.
>
> I am pulling it now.
>
> On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 12:04 PM, Funs Kessen <fu...@barred.org> wrote:
>> Hi Daan,
>>
>>> On 27 Mar 2015, at 11:58, Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Funs, I commented on it, I think it has a typo in it.
>>> Roger, can you apply that patch and test (after looking at my comment)?
>>
>> I replied to you, that’s why the pull request contains two commit IDs ;)

>>> --
>>> Daan
>>>

>> —
>>        =Funs
>>

> --
> Daan

—
	=Funs

RE: OVM3 test failures

Posted by Roger Crerie <ro...@hds.com>.
Having never pulled anything from cloudstack but the master how would I go about getting this fix?

Roger

Nah you are smart enough, it’s just that I was lazy and did a search and replace and then noticed I broke something and fixed it with another commit.

thanks!

> On 27 Mar 2015, at 12:12, Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> /me not being smart enough to use pull requests.
>
> I am pulling it now.
>
> On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 12:04 PM, Funs Kessen <fu...@barred.org> wrote:
>> Hi Daan,
>>
>>> On 27 Mar 2015, at 11:58, Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Funs, I commented on it, I think it has a typo in it.
>>> Roger, can you apply that patch and test (after looking at my comment)?
>>
>> I replied to you, that’s why the pull request contains two commit IDs ;)

>>> --
>>> Daan
>>>

>> —
>>        =Funs
>>

> --
> Daan

—
	=Funs

Re: OVM3 test failures

Posted by Funs Kessen <fu...@barred.org>.
Nah you are smart enough, it’s just that I was lazy and did a search and replace and then noticed I broke something and fixed it with another commit.

thanks!

> On 27 Mar 2015, at 12:12, Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> /me not being smart enough to use pull requests.
>
> I am pulling it now.
>
> On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 12:04 PM, Funs Kessen <fu...@barred.org> wrote:
>> Hi Daan,
>>
>>> On 27 Mar 2015, at 11:58, Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Funs, I commented on it, I think it has a typo in it.
>>> Roger, can you apply that patch and test (after looking at my comment)?
>>
>> I replied to you, that’s why the pull request contains two commit IDs ;)

>>> --
>>> Daan
>>>

>> —
>>        =Funs
>>

> --
> Daan

—
	=Funs

Re: OVM3 test failures

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Daan

Re: OVM3 test failures

Posted by Funs Kessen <fu...@barred.org>.
Hi Daan,

> On 27 Mar 2015, at 11:58, Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Funs, I commented on it, I think it has a typo in it.
> Roger, can you apply that patch and test (after looking at my comment)?

I replied to you, that’s why the pull request contains two commit IDs ;)

> On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 11:33 AM, Funs Kessen <fu...@barred.org> wrote:
>> Hi Daan,
>>
>> Had a fix ready yesterday, but after having slept on it, I crushed the fix as it was wrong. I’ve fixed it by setting the separator hard, and not to File.separator.
>>
>> The logic behind is that the Agent runs on Linux and not on Windows so using File.separator will just break things instead of making it work, as the code should not be platform independent but specifically for the Agent.
>>
>> I’ve got pull request #133 open which should resolve the issues on Windows.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Funs

>>> Ditto!! :)

>>> I’ll get you a patch asap, want to make sure I don’t have to make two =)

>>> "My friend of misery" ?
>>>
>>> —
>>>      =Funs
>>
>> —
>>        =Funs
>>

> --
> Daan

—
	=Funs

Re: OVM3 test failures

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Daan

Re: OVM3 test failures

Posted by Funs Kessen <fu...@barred.org>.
Hi Daan,

Had a fix ready yesterday, but after having slept on it, I crushed the fix as it was wrong. I’ve fixed it by setting the separator hard, and not to File.separator.

The logic behind is that the Agent runs on Linux and not on Windows so using File.separator will just break things instead of making it work, as the code should not be platform independent but specifically for the Agent.

I’ve got pull request #133 open which should resolve the issues on Windows.

Cheers,

Funs

> On 26 Mar 2015, at 21:53, Funs Kessen <fu...@barred.org> wrote:
>

>> On 26 Mar 2015, at 21:41, Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 9:35 PM, Funs Kessen <fu...@barred.org> wrote:
>>> Hi Roger/Daan,
>>>
>>> Sorry for coming late to the party, and my apologies in advance!
>>
>> that's alright, i learned something about cs;)
>>
> Ditto!! :)

>>> The second part of the booboo is in the tests themselves actually as you’ve noticed, so I’ll have to place the File.seperator there too in XenTest.java.
>>>
>>> Thanks for reaching out!
>>>
>>> @Daan: I can fix it in the ovm3rebase branch so you can pick it out ?
>>
>> yeah, that or send me a patch
>>
> I’ll get you a patch asap, want to make sure I don’t have to make two =)
>
>> Don't forget I added to the misery myself by adding
>> a4c23b170e4c94d4ed4783b19a051ad8f6c45328
>>
> "My friend of misery" ?
>
> —
> 	=Funs

—
	=Funs

Re: OVM3 test failures

Posted by Funs Kessen <fu...@barred.org>.

Re: OVM3 test failures

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: OVM3 test failures

Posted by Funs Kessen <fu...@barred.org>.
Cool, really thanks for reaching out, much appreciated!

I’ve had the same problem with keeping my sources up to date, it hurts a lot :) I don’t recognise the midget error tbh :(

Cheers,

Funs

RE: OVM3 test failures

Posted by Roger Crerie <ro...@hds.com>.

Re: OVM3 test failures

Posted by Funs Kessen <fu...@barred.org>.
Hi Roger/Daan,

Re: OVM3 test failures

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Daan

RE: OVM3 test failures

--
Daan

Re: OVM3 test failures

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Daan

RE: OVM3 test failures

--
Daan

Re: OVM3 test failures

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
Roger, I think It is a cygwin vs windows problem. In the code there is
a regexp that is used in the splt you mentioned. Look for a commit of
mine that adds a check whether windows is used: commit id is
a4c23b170e4c94d4ed4783b19a051ad8f6c45328

it was a findbugs warning that I fixed this way.

--
Daan

RE: OVM3 test failures

--