Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Srikanth Hugar <sr...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/30 00:50:27 UTC

How to collect thread dump & heap dump from karaf

Hello,

   I am using karaf 3.0.0 and wanted to collect thread dumps & heap dumps
to analyse some performance issues.

wanted to know how to create heap dump and thread dump from karaf.

I checked the link
http://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest/developers-guide/developer-commands.html
, but dev:create-dump command is not found. which feature the command is
part of ? how do i install it?

Best Regards,
Srikanth.

Re: How to collect thread dump & heap dump from karaf

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Heap dump has been added later after 3.0.0 (3.0.4 will have it).

Use jmap to create the heap dump:

jmap -dump:file=heapdump pid

where pid is the Karaf PID.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: How to collect thread dump & heap dump from karaf

Posted by Srikanth Hugar <sr...@gmail.com>.
It worked.

Posted by Srikanth Hugar <sr...@gmail.com>.
Error i get is :