Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Stepan Migunov <st...@firstlinesoftware.com> on 2017/11/14 14:53:52 UTC

Pool size / queue size with thin client

Hi,

Could you please suggest how I can change pool size / queue size when using thin client? I have added to hbase-site.xml the following options:

<property>
    <name>phoenix.query.threadPoolSize</name>
    <value>2000</value>
</property>

<property>
    <name>phoenix.query.queueSize</name>
    <value>100000</value>
</property>

restarted hbase (master and regions), but still receive the following response (via JDBC-thin client):

Remote driver error: RuntimeException: org.apache.phoenix.exception.PhoenixIOException: Task org.apache.phoenix.job.JobManager$InstrumentedJobFutureTask@69529e2 rejected from org.apache.phoenix.job.JobManager$1@48b8311c[Running, pool size = 128, active threads = 128, queued tasks = 5000, completed tasks = 0]

My guess that settings are not applied and default values (128/5000) still used.
What's wrong?

Thanks,
Stepan.

Re: Pool size / queue size with thin client

Posted by Sergey Soldatov <se...@gmail.com>.
Make sure that you have restarted PQS as well and it has the updated
hbase-site.xml in the classpath.

Thanks,
Sergey