Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Kristian Marinkovic <kr...@porsche.co.at> on 2007/01/23 10:27:19 UTC

LinkSubmit and null parameters

hi all,

i just noticed that if an LinkSubmit component with a parameters binding
to a TextField causes an exception (on submit) if that input field remains
empty (null). The reason is that the listener bound to the LinkSubmit
requires
exactly one parameter. And if the TextField remains empty Tapestry tries
to resolve a listener with no parameters that does not exist. This
exception
happens even if the TextField has a required validator assigned to.

Is that an expected behaviour?

<component id="lnk_read" type="LinkSubmit">
  <binding name="listener" value="listener:readGPList" />
  <binding name="parameters" value="searchFieldValue" />
</component>

<component id="txtSearchField" type="TextField">
  <binding name="value"      value="searchFieldValue" />
  <binding name="validators" value="validators:required,min=2" />
</component>

<property name="searchFieldValue" />

g,
kris

P.S. i'm using Tapestry 4.1.2

Re: LinkSubmit and null parameters

Posted by andyhot <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
ok, i see the point now... TAPESTRY-1240is indeed valid - sorry for
my misunderstanding and questionings :)

RE: Re: LinkSubmit and null parameters

Posted by Kristian Marinkovic <kr...@porsche.co.at>.

Kristian Marinkovic wrote:
> i will try as you propose :)
>
> but what bothers me is that i have a validator applied to the TextField.
> Shouldn't Tapestry check the validators before it proceeds to execute
> the listeners?
>
> I'm must admit, i'm not aware at which point of the request processing
> lifecycle validation is done. i was always expecting validators are
> always evalutated before anything else.
>
> can you give me some hints/clarifications?
>
> g,
> kris
>

>              andyhot

>              <andyhot@di.uoa.g

>              r>
An
>              Gesendet von:              Tapestry users

>              andreas a                  <us...@tapestry.apache.org>

>              <andreoua@gmail.c
Kopie
>              om>

Thema

Posted by andyhot <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
ok, let's see...

Posted by Kristian Marinkovic <kr...@porsche.co.at>.
i will try as you propose :)

Posted by andyhot <an...@di.uoa.gr>.

Posted by Kristian Marinkovic <kr...@porsche.co.at>.
hi jesse,

this bug is filed as
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-1240

greetings
kris

             "Jesse Kuhnert"
             <jkuhnert@gmail.c
             om>                                                        An
                                        "Tapestry users"
             05.02.2007 05:30           <us...@tapestry.apache.org>
                                                                     Kopie

              Bitte antworten                                        Thema
                    an                  Re: LinkSubmit and null parameters
             "Tapestry users"
             <users@tapestry.a
                pache.org>

Sounds like a possible bug.

As with all issues, creating a JIRA issue is the best hope anyone has
of having something fixed.

On 1/23/07, Kristian Marinkovic <kr...@porsche.co.at> wrote:

> hi all,
>
> i just noticed that if an LinkSubmit component with a parameters binding
> to a TextField causes an exception (on submit) if that input field
remains
> empty (null). The reason is that the listener bound to the LinkSubmit
> requires
> exactly one parameter. And if the TextField remains empty Tapestry tries
> to resolve a listener with no parameters that does not exist. This
> exception
> happens even if the TextField has a required validator assigned to.
>
> Is that an expected behaviour?
>

> <component id="lnk_read" type="LinkSubmit">
>   <binding name="listener" value="listener:readGPList" />
>   <binding name="parameters" value="searchFieldValue" />
> </component>
>
> <component id="txtSearchField" type="TextField">
>   <binding name="value"      value="searchFieldValue" />
>   <binding name="validators" value="validators:required,min=2" />
> </component>
>
> <property name="searchFieldValue" />
>

> g,
> kris