Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Shie, Yair" <Ya...@verint.com> on 2013/08/08 06:58:07 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache httpd reverse proxy windows 2012

I have apache httpd 2.4.6 for windows, installed on windows 2012 . It is configured as a reverse proxy.
When I use IE locally on this machine and use localhost to access the httpd, the operation gets stuck. (note that behind the scene there is a redirection to http://machinename/xxx that is returned to IE). When I use machine name in the first place, it succeeds.
Strangely, when I use localhost and the IE gets stuck ,and then I open a new browser and use machine name (which should succeed as mentioned above), the machine name flow gets stuck as well.
Any ideas?

This electronic message may contain proprietary and confidential information of Verint Systems Inc., its affiliates and/or subsidiaries.
The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or
entity(ies) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive this e-mail for the intended recipient), you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone this message or any information contained in this message.  If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify us by replying to this e-mail.

RE: [users@httpd] Apache httpd reverse proxy windows 2012

Posted by "Shie, Yair" <Ya...@verint.com>.
Localhost is resolved to ipv6, but we have the same issue with 127.0.0.1

> I have apache httpd 2.4.6 for windows, installed on windows 2012 . It
> is configured as a reverse proxy.
>
> When I use IE locally on this machine and use localhost to access the
> httpd, the operation gets stuck. (note that behind the scene there is
> a redirection to http://machinename/xxx that is returned to IE). When
> I use machine name in the first place, it succeeds.

Does 127.0.0.1 work instead of localhost? I know MS can resolve this to ipv6 and cause trouble.

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.