Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/15 15:21:02 UTC

Shall we make the iteration run in a single thread?

Right now synapse iterate mediator create a new thread for each iteration.
Shall we make it possible to iterate without creating a separate thread?

For example lets say we want to iterate over a message and do several calls.
But these calls have to be done in order. In this case this will be useful.

Thanks,
Supun..

--
Tech Lead, WSO2 Inc
http://wso2.org

Re: Shall we make the iteration run in a single thread?

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.
So, I was thinking on the general iteration semantics, but I guess it is OK
to keep it act asynchronously by default. Back ward compatibility is a fair
point. I too am OK with the attribute name, but I remember there is some
attribute in some place in the configuration for the same purpose with the
name "asynchronous" and that is why I proposed it, just to be consistent.

Ruwan

Posted by Hiranya Jayathilaka <hi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com>.
I still like the name "sequential" more because it is a word understandable
by the common user. But I'm ok with asynchronous as well.

Posted by Hiranya Jayathilaka <hi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com>.