Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by David Long <DL...@Lynden.com> on 2010/12/24 01:16:48 UTC

[users@httpd] help on compile 2.2.17 with ldap support

Hi,
I am getting error when trying to compile 2.2.17 with ldap authentication support on Solaris 10 Sparc server.

First, I download Mozilla ldap c-sdk
The configure apache httpd 2.2.17 with
"./configure" \
"--prefix=/www/apache2" \
"--enable-so" \
"--enable-proxy" \
"--enable-ssl" \
"--enable-deflate" \
"--enable-rewrite" \
"--enable-headers" \
"--enable-cgid" \
"--with-ldap=yes" \
"--enable-ldap" \
"--enable-authnz-ldap" \
"--with-ldap-lib=/www/src/ldapcsdk5/lib" \
"--with-ldap-include=/www/src/ldapcsdk5/include" \
"$@"
For make  I  got
apr_ldap_info                       server/.libs/libmain.a(exports.o)
apr_ldap_init                       server/.libs/libmain.a(exports.o)
apr_ldap_rebind_add                 server/.libs/libmain.a(exports.o)
apr_ldap_url_parse_ext              server/.libs/libmain.a(exports.o)

I run ./config.nice
And got some message about ldap portion
checking for ldap support...
  setting APRUTIL_INCLUDES to "-I/www/src/ldapcsdk5/include"
  setting APRUTIL_LDFLAGS to "-L/www/src/ldapcsdk5/lib"
checking for ldap_init in -lldap50... no
checking for ldap_init in -lldapssl41... no
checking for ldap_init in -lldapssl40... no
checking for ldap_init in -lldapssl30... no
checking for ldap_init in -lldapssl20... no
checking for ldap_init in -lldapsdk... no
checking for ldap_init in -lldapsdk... no
checking for ldap_init in -lldap... no
checking for ldap_init in -lldap... no
checking for ldap_init in -lldap... no
checking for ldap_init in -lldap... yes
checking for ldapssl_client_init in -lldap... yes
checking for ldapssl_client_deinit in -lldap... no
checking for ldapssl_add_trusted_cert in -lldap... no
checking for ldap_start_tls_s in -lldap... no
checking for ldap_sslinit in -lldap... no
checking for ldapssl_init in -lldap... yes
checking for ldapssl_install_routines in -lldap... yes
checking for ber_init in -llber... no

when I ran make, I got following error

apr_ldap_info                       server/.libs/libmain.a(exports.o)
apr_ldap_init                       server/.libs/libmain.a(exports.o)
apr_ldap_rebind_add                 server/.libs/libmain.a(exports.o)
apr_ldap_url_parse_ext              server/.libs/libmain.a(exports.o)

Can someone tell me what is this error about?

Thanks In advance

dlong

Re: [users@httpd] help on compile 2.2.17 with ldap support

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
On 27.12.2010 19:28, David Long wrote:
> I am kind of new to configure and compile apache.
> Can you tell me how to building against the bundled Solaris ldap client libs?

As Nick wrote: it might be easier for you to first build apr and
apr-util separately. You can download the latest releases of apr and
apr-util, build them - with ldap support in apr-util - and install them
and then build httpd against those freshly installed apr and apr-util.

That way you can check success step by step.

Regards,

Rainer

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.