Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Roland <wg...@ids.de> on 2013/05/31 11:26:03 UTC

Configure Maven-OBR-Plugin for different product variants

Hello community!

I use the OSGi Bundle Repository of Apache Felix to install and launch
software-components of a specific software-variant. I use for the build
process the Maven-OBR-plugin so that I get different repositoy.xml files.
Each of these files has a different component composition which abstracts my
product variants.

Product Variant 1

+-Module A
+-Module B
+-Module X

Product Variant 2

+-Module A
+-Module C
+-Module Y

I have following POMs:

Parent-Pom

+--Concrete Product Variant 1
|    |
|    +->Module-Pom A
|    +->Module-Pom B
|    +->Module-Pom X

+--Concrete Product Variant 2
|    |
|    +->Module-Pom A
|    +->Module-Pom C
|    +->Module-Pom Y

Parent-POM

ConcreteProductVariant-1-POM

ConcreteProductVariant-2-POM only differs in the module composite.

My problem is that I get the error message 409 from the deployment server
(Version mismatch). This is logical because the distribution of the
components is repeating in each profile call. The module A causes the erro
in the given variant-example above. It is deployed twice. The components are
still the same, only the composition in the repository.xml file is
different. The solution would be to prompt maven not to deploy components to
the deployment server that have already been published, but to still update
the repository.xml-file. I do not know how I can do that.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks and Regards
Roland Weiglhofer

Re: Configure Maven-OBR-Plugin for different product variants

Posted by Roland <wg...@ids.de>.
My solution is the following:

I have a sort of bin packing problem. Therefore, I look for overlaps of all
component compositions. I extract exactly those components of a variant in a
separate OBR which form overlaps with another variant.
Thus, the components will not be deployed twice if i run mvn deploy.

Alternatively  you can configure the repository manager so that it accepts
multiple deployment.