Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> on 2007/03/19 22:44:27 UTC

Weeding out backport-util-concurrent

Now that server/trunk requires 1.5 to build and run, I think we
should start to weed out our usage of the backport-util-concurrent
package (and concurrent if there is still anything left of that in
our src tree).

I think we may still have to include backport-util-concurrent-*.jar
in the assembly until all of our dependencies have weeded it out
too... or perhaps just have to live with that in the repository.  But
hopefully we can remove our usage of these classes and not need to
include this puppy in lib/* anymore.

Looks like we are currently using edu.emory.mathcs.backport in 39
locations (based on imports) which are over 25 files.

  * * *

Anyone know of any reason why we shouldn't change all of these to use
the java.util.concurrent.* classes?

Even after weeding out *our* usage, if we still need to include this
jar I recommend we update to the latest release 3.0.

--jason

Re: Weeding out backport-util-concurrent

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
On Mar 19, 2007, at 2:44 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:

> Now that server/trunk requires 1.5 to build and run, I think we
> should start to weed out our usage of the backport-util-concurrent
> package (and concurrent if there is still anything left of that in
> our src tree).
>
> I think we may still have to include backport-util-concurrent-*.jar
> in the assembly until all of our dependencies have weeded it out
> too... or perhaps just have to live with that in the repository.
> But hopefully we can remove our usage of these classes and not need
> to include this puppy in lib/* anymore.
>
> Looks like we are currently using edu.emory.mathcs.backport in 39
> locations (based on imports) which are over 25 files.
>
>  * * *
>
> Anyone know of any reason why we shouldn't change all of these to
> use the java.util.concurrent.* classes?

Let's do it.

-dain