Posted to user@commons.apache.org by ia...@bankone.com on 2003/07/22 15:18:16 UTC

[BeanUtils] Deploying commons-beanutils.jar Triggers Invalid TLD Resource Path Exception

I've noticed an unusual behavior when deploying BeanUtils as part of an
AXIS webservice.

If I place the JAR file commons-beanutils.jar (from BeanUtils-1.6.1) in
/var/tomcat4/webapps/axis/WEB-INF/lib, I get an Invalid TLD Resource Path
exception when I restart Tomcat.  However, if I instead extract the
contents into /var/tomcat4/webapps/axis/WEB-INF/classes, everything starts
up fine.

Ian

Ian D. Stewart
Open Systems Engineer II
Enterprise Midrange - Bank One Infrastructure & Operations
ian_d_stewart@bankone.com
(614) 213-6100

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.

Re: [BeanUtils] Deploying commons-beanutils.jar Triggers Invalid TLD Resource Path Exception

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
hi ian

i'm a bit confused by this. beanutils is used by tomcat so you can
sometimes get classloader issues but this sounds a little mysterious. are
you referencing beanutils from the tag library?

i'd be able to give you more help if you could post the actual exception
you get and a little more information about how you're using beanutils.

- robert