Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Naira & Kobo <le...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/01 13:07:27 UTC

How to use unique queue for different camel-vm endpoint

Hi Guys,

I am working on a project that requires using multple camel-vm endpoints.

See an example of my flow:

camelContext-vm-endpoint 1 = A
camelContext-vm-endpoint 2 = B
camelContext-vm-endpoint 3 = C

When I send a message from A -> B -> C

when C returns with a response, the response is sent to A and B
simultaneously as well i.e. instead of only C to get the response, and then
send its response to B and B sends to A in that order, all A,B,&C gets the
response at once.

How can I avoid this?

Regards.

Re: How to use unique queue for different camel-vm endpoint

Posted by Naira & Kobo <le...@gmail.com>.
Its the simple pipeline pattern.

I have differnt osgi bundles (camel application), which are exposed as
endpoints to Servicemix as vm endpoints. Each of them do a specific
function.

I am just calling each function in a sequential order.

e.g. endpoint A - is a REST protocol consumer
endpoint B - is a functional component that verifies order (it listens on
the ESB using the vm component)
endpoint c - is a functional component that processes order (it listens on
the ESB using the vm component)
endpoint D- is a service provider (it listens on the ESB using the vm
component)

so, when A receive a request over REST, it sends 2 endpoint B through vm,
and B forwards to C and C to D through vm as well. The problem is, when D
returns a response, both B, C gets the response from D and returns, instead
of C only to get a response from D and B to get response from C.

Regards.

But the problem is, when C fin

Re: How to use unique queue for different camel-vm endpoint

Posted by Matt Pavlovich <ma...@gmail.com>.
Naira-

Can u describe in a little more detail the process you are trying to implement?  Perhaps there is a pattern better suited for your assignment.

Thanks,
Matt Pavlovich

Posted by Naira & Kobo <le...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.

My oversight, my bad.

Re: How to use unique queue for different camel-vm endpoint

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Well if you take a look here
http://camel.apache.org/seda

Then see that yellow warning box.

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 2:29 PM, Naira & Kobo <le...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What version of Camel are you using?
> camel 2.2.0
>
> Have you actually looked at the SEDA/VM documentation which has a warn
> about using multiple VM/SEDA queues?
> http://camel.apache.org/seda
> http://camel.apache.org/vm
>
> I read those pages before making this post and I didnt see any such thing
> about multiple VM/SEDA queue.
>
> MultipleConsumers is not enabled by default (according to the doc), and so I
> did not expect messages to be sent to multiple consumers.
>
> Kindly point me in the right direction if I have used this component the
> wrong way.
>
> Regards.

Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus

Re: How to use unique queue for different camel-vm endpoint

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.