Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Jayant Ameta <wi...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/05 11:00:29 UTC

Flink with Ceph as the persistent storage

Hi,
Flink documents suggests that Ceph can be used as a persistent storage for
states.
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.3/dev/stream/checkpointing.html

Considering that Ceph is a transactional database, wouldn't it have adverse
effect on Flink's performance?

Re: Flink with Ceph as the persistent storage

Posted by Gyula Fóra <gy...@gmail.com>.
It would be the same as with any other form of async checkpointing. No
direct blocking of processing but the network traffic might indirectly
affect it to some extent :)

Jayant Ameta <wi...@gmail.com> ezt írta (időpont: 2017. dec. 5., K,
12:15):

Posted by Jayant Ameta <wi...@gmail.com>.