Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by co...@costin.dnt.ro on 2000/01/12 09:05:43 UTC

Re: updateing moo and ant binaries

Regarding moo:

- Moo is used in at least 2 project ( watchdog and tomcat). It can't be
moved to be part of tomcat.
- You can thing of it as a particular, non-standard Ant task ( for
testing)
- It also need a bit of rewriting.
- I don't like the situation when I need jakarta-tools ( or any external
package) to build tomcat.

IMHO, we should let moo as a "special" part of ant, and whenever it
changes ( or ant changes) you'll need to rebuild ( and reinstall ) ant.
( since the tests are run now by "ant -f test.xml", and we can consider
moo as the implementation of a <test> task)

Costin