Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by M Muthukumaran <MM...@yodlee.com> on 2006/03/23 13:20:43 UTC

Axis 1.x to Axis2

Hi All

I am new to axis world. There was a project running using axis 1.x
version. As the release notes of Axis 2 guranteed a performance
impovement, i have been asked to migrate to Axis2.

My question is,

Is it safe to migrate to Axis 2 though it is not reached 1.0 or shall i
wait....
If i can migrate, is there is a migration notes available to ease my
work. I could not see libraries that was present under  axis 1.x
version. Like,

$AXIS_HOME/lib/axis.jar
$AXIS_HOME/lib/axis_ant.jar
$AXIS_HOME/lib/common*.jar
etc.
etc.

Thanks
Muthu

Re: Axis 1.x to Axis2

Posted by robert lazarski <ro...@gmail.com>.
There will be a new axis2 release shortly. The migration guide has been
updated, which you can see now here:

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/webservices/axis2/trunk/java/xdocs/latest/migration.html?rev=388085&view=markup

This next release I believe will be a release candidate. Lots of people,
including myself,  use axis2 in production environments.

A good article that compliments the axis2 docs is here:

http://www.developer.com/open/article.php/10930_3589126_1

HTH,
Robert
http://www.braziloutsource.com