Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Paul Spencer <pa...@mindspring.com> on 2020/07/08 14:52:21 UTC

"5.3. Programmatically connect" missing dependency documentation.

Karaf 2.4.9

The section "5.3. Programmatically connect", http://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest/#_programmatically_connect, in the Karaf 4.x documentation neglects to mention the required sshd dependency. In this case I am using the following dependency.

       <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.sshd</groupId>
            <artifactId>sshd-core</artifactId>
            <version>0.12.0</version>
        </dependency>

For what ever reason the dependency was not required in Karaf 3.x, but it is in Karaf 4.2.x.

1) Is the missing dependency a documentation bug?

2) The current version of the ssh library is 2.5.1, https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/sshd/sshd-core/.
     Enhancement: Should the documentation be updated to support the current version?

Paul Spencer

Re: "5.3. Programmatically connect" missing dependency documentation.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

It’s "implicit" as we use sshd classes in the example.

We have a PR about sshd upgrade, I will update the documentation as well.

Regards
JB