Posted to wss4j-dev@ws.apache.org by Dave Bagguley <da...@hotmail.com> on 2006/10/12 10:26:20 UTC

Crypto.properties (repost now not in RTF format)

Hello, sorry I just noticed that the last post I made was in RTF and didn't
display properly in the forum archive web page. Here it is again in plain
text.

Hi, I've followed the tutorial at http://ws.apache.org/wss4j/axis.html and
got a service protected with a username and password. I'm now trying to user
signatures and certificates instead. I've searched all over the web but i
can't find a tutorial of how to do this anywhere.

So far I've managed to cobble together the following:

the handler of the request flow of the server-config.wsdd contains the
following parameters:

<parameter name="passwordCallbackClass"
value="com.exampleService2.security.PWCallbackClass"/>
<parameter name="action" value="Signature"/>
<parameter name="signaturePropFile" value="crypto.properties"/>

the handler of the request flow of the client-config.wsdd contains the
following parameters:

<parameter name="user" value="16c73ab6-b892-458f-abf5-2f875f74882e"/>
<parameter name="passwordCallbackClass" value="testClient.PWCallback2"/>
<parameter name="action" value="Signature"/>
<parameter name="signaturePropFile" value="testClient/crypto.properties" />
<parameter name="signatureKeyIdentifier" value="DirectReference" />
<parameter name="encryptionKeyIdentifier" value="X509KeyIdentifier" />

The crypto.properties file is:

org.apache.ws.security.crypto.provider=org.apache.ws.security.components.crypto.Merlin
org.apache.ws.security.crypto.merlin.keystore.type=pkcs12
org.apache.ws.security.crypto.merlin.keystore.password=security
org.apache.ws.security.crypto.merlin.keystore.alias=16c73ab6-b892-458f-abf5-2f875f74882e
org.apache.ws.security.crypto.merlin.alias.password=security
org.apache.ws.security.crypto.merlin.file=C:/keys/x509.PFX.MSFT

When I run my test client program I get the following error:

AxisFault
faultSubcode:
faultString: java.lang.RuntimeException: CryptoFactory: Cannot load
properties: crypto.properties
faultActor:
faultNode:
faultDetail:
{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}hostname:shelly
java.lang.RuntimeException: CryptoFactory: Cannot load properties:
crypto.properties

By using TCPMon and something other debug techniques I know that the soap is
being signed by the client and gets sent to the server ok. The problem is
that for some reason the server cannot locate crypto.properties. I have
tried putting crypto.properties in various locations and also changing
server-config.wsdd to reference the new location but to no avail.

Please can somebody tell me how to solve this problem. Or even better, can
someone please provide me with a simple tutorial of how to use wss4j with
certificates rather than just username and password. thanks

Re: Crypto.properties (repost now not in RTF format)

Posted by Dave Bagguley <da...@hotmail.com>.
Hi everyone, I've worked out what was causing the error i mentioned in my
last post.  It was because I hadn't included xalan.jar in my build.xml file
and thus it was missing from the war file. It was working at the client side
because I had added the xalan.jar file as a library for the eclipse project
but this is not accessed on the server side

Posted by Dave Bagguley <da...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Dave Bagguley <da...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Dave Bagguley <da...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Dave Bagguley <da...@hotmail.com>.