Posted to users@maven.apache.org by jm...@za.safmarine.com on 2004/12/03 12:11:01 UTC

jelly question

How do I do a test for an empty string for  a property specified in a
project.properties file
eg  A property called  "maven.class.tomove"
and I wanna perform the following logic

if    ${mave.class.tomove} equals an empty string
   then blah blah blah...

Jeff

Registered Linux user number 366042

This e-mail is intended exclusively for the addressee.
If you are not the addressee you must not read, copy, use or disclose
the e-mail nor the content; please notify us immediately (by clicking "Reply") and delete this e-mail.

Re: jelly question

Posted by jm...@za.safmarine.com.

Thanx Bret ...will try it and test it.

Re: jelly question

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
<j:if test="${empty(context.getVariable('maven.class.tomove'))}">
checks for empty or not specified (null)

<j:if test="${context.getVariable('maven.class.tomove') == ''}">
checks for specified, but empty.

(the context.getVariable bit is to work around the fact that jelly
can't handle . in the property name in Maven 1.0. You can leave that
out if there are no .'s)