Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by da...@apache.org on 2019/07/31 09:38:22 UTC

[VOTE] Release Sling Feature Components 1.0.6 and slinstart-maven-plugin 1.8.6

Hi all,

I would like to call the 1.0.6 release on the following components:
org.apache.sling.feature 1.0.6
fixed issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SLING/versions/12345649

org.apache.sling.feature.io 1.0.6
fixed issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SLING/versions/12345650

org.apache.sling.feature.analyser 1.0.6
fixed issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SLING/versions/12345651

org.apache.sling.feature.modelconverter 1.0.6
fixed issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SLING/versions/12345653

org.apache.sling.feature.launcher 1.0.6
fixed issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SLING/versions/12345652

slingfeature-maven-plugin 1.0.6
fixed issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SLING/versions/12345656

And I would also like to call the following release, which depends on the
feature model:
slingstart-maven-plugin 1.8.6
fixed issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SLING/versions/12345658

Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachesling-2108/

You can use this UNIX script to download the release and verify the
signatures:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/trunk/check_staged_release.sh

Usage:
sh check_staged_release.sh 2108 /tmp/sling-staging

Please vote to approve this release:

  [ ] +1 Approve the release
  [ ] -1 Don't release, because ...

This majority vote is open for at least 72 hours.

Best regards,

David Bosschaert

Re: Release email template (was Re: [VOTE] Release Sling Feature Components 1.0.6 and slinstart-maven-plugin 1.8.6)

Posted by Radu Cotescu <ra...@apache.org>.
Here’s the release I referred to [2].

The advantage of matching the Nexus staging repository description to the JIRA release name is that then you can use the tool mentioned at [1] for sending the emails for you, which will follow the release template [0].

> On 1 Aug 2019, at 13:31, Radu Cotescu <ra...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Yes. In this case you’ll probably steal the crown from one of my HTL releases where I had 6 modules released together. :D

Regards,
Radu

[1] - https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-committer-cli
[2] - https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/975cd2938c7e303206d8ae1dd2987e344d1c9930da79d7ca4074266c@%3Cdev.sling.apache.org%3E

Re: Release email template (was Re: [VOTE] Release Sling Feature Components 1.0.6 and slinstart-maven-plugin 1.8.6)

Posted by Radu Cotescu <ra...@apache.org>.
Hi David,

> On 1 Aug 2019, at 11:40, davidb@apache.org wrote:
>
> Hi Radu,
>
> How would that work if you release multiple components at once?
> In this case we're releasing:
> Feature Model 1.0.6
> Feature Model IO 1.0.6
> Feature Model Analyzer 1.0.6
> Feature Model Converter 1.0.6
> Feature Model Launcher 1.0.6
> slingfeature-maven-plugin 1.0.6
> Slingstart Maven Plugin 1.8.6
>
> Should I put all of these in the subject line?

Yes. In this case you’ll probably steal the crown from one of my HTL releases where I had 6 modules released together. :D

> It then also becomes hard to associate the .../fixforversion/... urls to
> the releases as from its URL you can see what it relates to...

Not an issue IMO, since when you go to JIRA you’d see the release’s name (e.g. Feature Model 1.0.6).

Regards,
Radu

Re: Release email template (was Re: [VOTE] Release Sling Feature Components 1.0.6 and slinstart-maven-plugin 1.8.6)

Posted by da...@apache.org.
> It then also becomes hard to associate the .../fixforversion/... urls to
the releases as from its URL you can see what it relates to...

... that should say _can't_ see...

Posted by Radu Cotescu <ra...@apache.org>.
Hi David,

[0] - https://sling.apache.org/documentation/development/release-management.html#starting-the-vote <https://sling.apache.org/documentation/development/release-management.html#starting-the-vote>

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.
Here's my +1

David

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
+1

Carsten

Davidb wrote

Posted by Radu Cotescu <ra...@apache.org>.
+1 - only checked signatures

Posted by Andreas Schaefer <sc...@me.com.INVALID>.
+1 (non-binding)

Cheers - Andy

> On Jul 31, 2019, at 2:38 AM, davidb@apache.org wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to call the 1.0.6 release on the following components:
> org.apache.sling.feature 1.0.6
> fixed issues:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SLING/versions/12345649
>
> org.apache.sling.feature.io 1.0.6
> fixed issues:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SLING/versions/12345650
>
> org.apache.sling.feature.analyser 1.0.6
> fixed issues:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SLING/versions/12345651
>
> org.apache.sling.feature.modelconverter 1.0.6
> fixed issues:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SLING/versions/12345653
>
> org.apache.sling.feature.launcher 1.0.6
> fixed issues:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SLING/versions/12345652
>
> slingfeature-maven-plugin 1.0.6
> fixed issues:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SLING/versions/12345656
>
> And I would also like to call the following release, which depends on the
> feature model:
> slingstart-maven-plugin 1.8.6
> fixed issues:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SLING/versions/12345658
>
> Staging repository:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachesling-2108/

> signatures:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/trunk/check_staged_release.sh
>
> Usage:
> sh check_staged_release.sh 2108 /tmp/sling-staging
>
> Please vote to approve this release:
>
>  [ ] +1 Approve the release
>  [ ] -1 Don't release, because ...
>
> This majority vote is open for at least 72 hours.
>
> Best regards,
>
> David Bosschaert

[RESULT][VOTE] Release Sling Feature Components 1.0.6 and slinstart-maven-plugin 1.8.6

Posted by da...@apache.org.
With +1 votes from Carsten Ziegeler, Andreas Schaefer, Radu Cotescu and
David Bosschaert this release succeeds. I've promoted the artifacts.

Best regards,

David