Posted to users@royale.apache.org by Ale <al...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/08 10:12:52 UTC

First steps of migration Flex to Royale

Hi everyone!

I'm starting with Royale with the intention of migrating a large Flex
application to Royale. But I'm not sure yet about how to start.

Let's say I have a simple Flex test project (a Hello World one) [1]. From
here, I want to make it a Royale one, what steps should I follow? I know how
to make a Royale Hello World but what I'm looking for is steps for
conversion a flex one.

[1]: http://dropcanvas.com/nsj2p

Re: First steps of migration Flex to Royale

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
What duplicates did you run into?  The Flex SWCs should not be in the library-path, just the Royale ones.

HTH,
-Alex

From: Chris Velevitch <ch...@gmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, July 10, 2018 at 10:04 AM
To: "users@royale.apache.org" <us...@royale.apache.org>
Subject: Re: First steps of migration Flex to Royale

On 9 June 2018 at 03:46, Olaf Krueger <ma...@olafkrueger.net>> wrote:
Hi,
you basically have to replace all spark, mx, and Flash dependencies by its
Royale counterparts.

 How do you handle non-unique names from each of the namespaces? Is there a list of alternate names for the duplicates?

RE: First steps of migration Flex to Royale

Posted by Yishay Weiss <yi...@hotmail.com>.
You can always use the qualified name (e.g. org.apache.royale.events.Event).

________________________________

Posted by Chris Velevitch <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ale,

Your Hello World example can be compared to the existing hello world in our
repository [1]. Take a look there and see much more examples. You can open
almost all of them in VSCode [2] or Moonshine. [3]

[1]
https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/blob/develop/examples/royale/HelloWorld/src/main/royale/HelloWorld.mxml
[2] https://as3mxml.com/
[3] http://moonshine-ide.com/

Thanks,
Piotr

pt., 8 cze 2018 o 21:47 Olaf Krueger <ma...@olafkrueger.net> napisaƂ(a):

--

Piotr Zarzycki

Re: First steps of migration Flex to Royale