Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sandra Patricia Hunter <re...@shaw.ca> on 2003/04/03 18:45:42 UTC

Going Live

Right now I am just working on development on a stand alone (more or less)
machine.
Eventually my app will be moved to a corporate web server. Is it appropriate
to keep Tomcat as my JSP and servlet container? Because we are using Oracle
we have in place the Oracle Apache server already. How horrific would it be
to move files to it?
Are there any considerations I need to be aware of in the move?
My intention would be just to copy my files into a new installation of
Tomcat with all the relevant paths, etc.
Is there a good source of info on this subject that I have overlooked?

Sandra Patricia Hunter
Systems Development and Web Design

RE: Going Live

Posted by mike jackson <mj...@cdi-hq.com>.
Personally I've not been happy with the Oracle version of Apache / Java
Servlet / JSP server.  We run Apache w/Tomcat on all web servers,
including those that use Oracle for the backend database.

However all that said, I'd look at making a WAR file and deploying it
that way.  It puts all the files and settings required for the app into
one file.  The container will extract that and build the file system
structures required.  There's much less chance for error.

--mikej
-=-----
mike jackson
mjackson@cdi-hq.com