Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Phillip Rhodes <rh...@yahoo.com> on 2002/02/01 04:33:40 UTC

references to groups and users?

Hi,
In my application, it is necessary to store references to groups and users
in my tables.

I  have been using username for the user and the groupname for the group
instead of the group id's.  I have been doing this because I did not want
to depend upon the security having to be a RDBMS (vs. LDAP)

Is this a good practice?  An example of how I am using this is that I have
a "GROUP_SURVEY" table that I use to control what surveys a user can
view.  There is no way to use the Turbine Security API to unless you have
the group already, and in my case, there are going to be thousands of groups.

Appreciate your thoughts,
Phillip