Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Eric Yip <er...@hotmail.com> on 2000/08/16 23:40:42 UTC

Solaris and Xalan Help needed!

Hi all,

Is this the correct mailing list to ask for technical help?

Assuming it is:  I downloaded Xalan C++ (source code) from Sun's web site,
and I couldn't get it to compile on Solaris 7.   I know Sun posted the
source code for Solaris 8, but I hope we can get the code to work on our
current v7 environment.

Appended below is the error message.   Anyone has any idea, or know where I
can get more info or help?   I checked the map header file installed with
SC5.0, and it seems to match.  I can't figure out what's causing the
compilation errors.

Thank you.
Eric

----------------------------
/home/eyip/xml-xalan/bin CC -O -KPIC -mt -xs
-ptr/home/eyip/xml-xalan/obj -features=rtti -DSOLARIS -D_REENTRANT -c
-I. -I/home/eyip/xml-xerces/src/ -o
/home/eyip/xml-xalan/obj/AttributeListImpl.o
PlatformSupport/AttributeListImpl.cpp
"PlatformSupport/AttributeListImpl.cpp", line 149: Error: Could not find a
match for std::map<const wchar_t*, AttributeListImpl::AttributeVectorEntry*,
less_null_terminated_arrays<wchar_t>,
std::allocator<std::pair<const wchar_t*const,
AttributeListImpl::AttributeVectorEntry*>>>::insert(
  std::pair<const wchar_t*, AttributeListImpl::AttributeVectorEntry*>).

"PlatformSupport/AttributeListImpl.cpp", line 369: Error: Could not find
a match for std::map<const wchar_t*,
AttributeListImpl::AttributeVectorEntry*,
less_null_terminated_arrays<wchar_t>,
std::allocator<std::pair<const wchar_t*const,
AttributeListImpl::AttributeVectorEntry*>>>::insert(
std::pair<const wchar_t*, AttributeListImpl::AttributeVectorEntry*>).

2 Error(s) detected. make: ***
[/home/eyip/xml-xalan/obj/AttributeListImpl.o] Error 2

RE: Solaris and Xalan Help needed!

Posted by Ed Staub <es...@mediaone.net>.
Eric,

If the code's not the same as Apache Xalan, then you're going to have to get
help from Sun, or perhaps from some mailing list or newsgroup which they
run.  It's not really Xalan.

A wild guess: I've seen the same sort of error show up with Microsoft's
compiler when it got confused and didn't instantiate a template method when
it should.
As a workaround, you might try creating an std::map with the same template
parameters, and include a dummy call somewhere to
insert(std::pair<const wchar_t*, AttributeListImpl::AttributeVectorEntry*>).
The idea is to force the compiler to instantiate the method.
I'm VERY rusty at this stuff, and clueless on Solaris, so this may be a
useless suggestion.  This is probably a lot more work than you wanted, but
there you go.
You might also check for compiler switched which affect template
instantiation.

-Ed Staub