Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com> on 2005/05/11 22:37:42 UTC

Re: Derby Logo, Take Two [managing logo submissions]

In
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-derby-user/200505.mbox/%3c20050503184855.71659.qmail@web81310.mail.yahoo.com%3e
Susan Cline kick started the logo contest. She included this question:

> How will submissions be handled?

Would anybody object to attaching logo submissions to a Jira issue
(which I'll volunteer to open)?

Managing submissions in Jira has the following advantages:
1) Uploading the file presents the opportunity to click on the button to
"Grant license to ASF for inclusion in ASF works".
2) Organizing all submissions within a single Jira issue will make it
easier to include on the web site for review (rather than searching
through old list posts).

Jira has the disadvantage that it requires an additional step to request
a Jira id at http://issues.apache.org/jira/; however, anyone may request
an id.

thoughts? comments? agreement? disagreement?

  -jean

Re: Derby Logo, Take Two [managing logo submissions]

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.
Andrew Kachalo uploaded his logo (thanks, Andrew!) and an advantage I
immediately see is that Jira itself displays the images.

I have karma to manage attachments so can verify exactly who uploaded
what, but not everyone can see that, so I'll add an index for the images.

  -jean

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.

Posted by Craig Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Taking this one step further, could we use Jira to tally votes? That
would reduce the ambiguity over who is qualified to vote, and provide
for one vote per Jira account...

Just thinking(?) out loud.

Craig

Posted by Craig Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.