Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Stewart, Gary" <Ga...@luht.scot.nhs.uk> on 2006/07/21 16:56:43 UTC

Profiling

Hi there,

I am attempting to use profiler in a couple of pipelines but I seem to be getting very strange results where each part of the pipeline seems very fast but the overall execution is slow. It seemes, from observation, that the slower value is the more accurate but I was hoping profiler could inform me where the bottleneck is. For example I get something like:

event  (2 results, total time: 30549, average time: 15274)  	0  	1
1 	file src=cocoon:/sql-log-event/14 	0 	0 	0
2 	xslt-saxon src=stylesheets/event.xsl 	109 	109 	109
3 	xsltc src=context://stylesheets/system/session_adder.xsl 	0 	0 	0
4 	session  	0 	0 	0
5 	encodeURL  	0 	0 	0
6 	xslt-saxon src=context://stylesheets/base.xsl 	63 	63 	63
7 	xhtml  	0 	0 	0
8 	TOTAL 	15274 	15329 	15220

As you can see the pipelines don't come close to the total time. What does the total time include that isn't part of the profiler and is there a way to see this?

Thanks and sorry about the question I'm still new to the profiler,

Gary

legally privileged and is intended for the addressee only. If you
have received this message in error or there are any problems
please notify the originator immediately. The unauthorised use,
disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is
strictly forbidden.