Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Karr, David" <da...@wamu.net> on 2008/03/29 23:06:41 UTC

Annotations for additional properties for type converters?

I don't necessarily need this, but is it possible to add annotations to
"TypeConversion" to configure properties of the type converter?  It's
nice to be able to define type converters in annotations, but you could
achieve some more reuse of type converters if they were more
configurable from the point of reference.  For instance (like in
PAS2W2P's example) if you have a converter for a specific date format,
you could make the converter more generic, and specify the date format
in the annotation.  I suppose I might also considering injecting the
format through spring from a properties file also.