Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by Javi Roman <jr...@gmail.com> on 2021/05/01 07:39:54 UTC

Re: ASF and Healthcare initiative

Sebb, that's a good idea, the wiki space could be a beginning.

I'm going to request (INFRA) a Wiki space for this initiative:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HEALTH/Home

and a mailing list for discussing:
health@apache.org

Please let me know if I have your support to request these resources from
INFRA (linking the JIRA tickets to this conversation).

--
Javi Roman

Twitter: @javiromanrh
GitHub: github.com/javiroman
Linkedin: es.linkedin.com/in/javiroman
Big Data Blog: dataintensive.info

Posted by Javi Roman <jr...@gmail.com>.
I would like to know, as a key point of this discussion, whether the
creation of at least a mailing list to discuss this issue is something that
is aligned with the objectives of the ASF.
From my point of view, a mailing list is somewhat innocuous from a resource
point of view, but it is important from the point of view of whether it is
an allowable line of work in the ASF.

This is nothing more than creating an open source community focused on a
particular field (as in the past has been created for IoT). It may turn out
that the outcome of the discussions on that mailing list is that it doesn't
make sense to create a dedicated space for healthcare, or it may turn out
that it makes a lot of sense and in the end we are creating communities
that are more about a particular software and more focused on creating
software architectures, where the sum of the parts is more than each of
them.

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 3 May 2021 at 13:15, Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> wrote:

> Fwiw I think creating content in a wiki and then having to move and
> reformat and redirect that content seems like an unnecessary duplication of
> work. I'm unclear why you'd want to do this work twice.
>
> On Sat, May 1, 2021, 08:31 sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I suggest these resources are requested under the community.a.o project.
> >

> What? Why? That's not where anyone is going to look for this.

Because it is a community matter.

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Zowalla, Richard" <ri...@hs-heilbronn.de>.
I like the idea: +1

I am working as a research associate in the medical informatics domain
in Germany. Consequently, I like the idea of giving healthcare-related
ASF a specific place to be (more) visible.

Gruss
Richard

Am Montag, den 03.05.2021, 22:32 +0800 schrieb Willem Jiang:
> My big +1.
> I think it is a great idea that we can bring the efforts from
> different Apache projects together to tackle a certain domain
> specific
> problem.
>
> Willem Jiang
>
> Twitter: willemjiang
> Weibo: 姜宁willem
>
> On Sat, May 1, 2021 at 3:41 PM Javi Roman <jr...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Sebb, that's a good idea, the wiki space could be a beginning.
> >
> > I'm going to request (INFRA) a Wiki space for this initiative:
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HEALTH/Home
> >
> > and a mailing list for discussing:
> > health@apache.org
> >
> > Please let me know if I have your support to request these
> > resources from
> > INFRA (linking the JIRA tickets to this conversation).
> >
> > --
> > Javi Roman
> >
> > Twitter: @javiromanrh
> > GitHub: github.com/javiroman
> > Linkedin: es.linkedin.com/in/javiroman
> > Big Data Blog: dataintensive.info
> >

> > On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 11:44 AM sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > How about using the Wiki for collecting the information?
> > >
> > > Easier to set up and easy to maintain.
> > >
> > > If the content eventually outgrows the wiki it could be moved
> > > later
> > > (with redirects added).

> > > bdelacretaz@apache.org>

> > > VM

Richard Zowalla, M.Sc.
Research Associate, PhD Student | Medical Informatics

Hochschule Heilbronn – University of Applied Sciences
Max-Planck-Str. 39
D-74081 Heilbronn
phone: +49 7131 504 6791 (zur Zeit nicht via Telefon erreichbar)
mail: richard.zowalla@hs-heilbronn.de
web: https://www.mi.hs-heilbronn.de/

Re: ASF and Healthcare initiative

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.