Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Elia Mazzawi <el...@casalemedia.com> on 2009/04/04 22:59:05 UTC

job status from command prompt

is there a command that i can run from the shell that says this job
passed / failed

I found these but they don't really say pass/fail they only say what is
running and percent complete.

this shows what is running
./hadoop job -list

and this shows the completion
./hadoop job -status job_200903061521_0045

Re: job status from command prompt

Posted by Amareshwari Sriramadasu <am...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Elia Mazzawi wrote:
> is there a command that i can run from the shell that says this job
> passed / failed
>
> I found these but they don't really say pass/fail they only say what
> is running and percent complete.
>
> this shows what is running
> ./hadoop job -list
>
> and this shows the completion
> ./hadoop job -status job_200903061521_0045
The following command lists all jobs in prep, running, completed:
./hadoop job -list all

-Amareshwari