Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2017/04/13 16:35:41 UTC

birt.tld license

Hi,

While working on HELP_BIRT.xml, I have found another issue regarding the birt component and the Birt license (EPL v1)

It's said at

https://www.eclipse.org/legal/epl/notice.php

that all source maintained in the Birt repository is licensed under EPL v1

The birt.tld file we use to render the example reports

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/ofbiz-plugins/trunk/birt/webapp/birt/WEB-INF/birt.tld

is not a simple file and was wrongly licensed with a ASL2 header.

The ChartReport.ftl and Report.ftl needs the birt.tld file and unfortunately reading

http://freemarker.org/docs/pgui_misc_servlet.html

it seems we can't refer to  an URL, like

https://github.com/EclispeBIRT/org.eclipse.birt/blob/master/viewer/org.eclipse.birt.report.viewer/birt/WEB-INF/tlds/birt.tld

So I'm afraid we need to remove the 2 reports FTL examples and the birt.tld.

We can still use the example.rptdesign and chart.rptdesign in other ways. Like we do for other reports or as examples for the Flexible Reports but I'm
not sure it's worth the effort.

What do you think?

Jacques

Re: birt.tld license

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
It seems there are no other files in birt component concerned by the licensing issue

Jacques

Le 13/04/2017 � 18:35, Jacques Le Roux a �crit :

Re: birt.tld license

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
OFBIZ-9323 wait for your reviews

Thanks

Jacques

Le 16/04/2017 � 10:17, Jacques Le Roux a �crit :

Re: birt.tld license

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Re: birt.tld license

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Taher,

It's in the LEGAL-296 Jira issue reference below

Jacques

Le 18/04/2017 � 11:19, Taher Alkhateeb a �crit :

Re: birt.tld license

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jacques,

Re: birt.tld license