Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Andy Newby <an...@gmail.com> on 2021/12/30 10:14:11 UTC

Query parser

Hi,

Is it possible to get this plugin going on Solr 8.11.1?

https://github.com/o19s/match-query-parser
<https://github.com/o19s/match-query-parser/issues>

We currently use it on 6.6, but are having to upgrade due to the lovely
log4j issue (and also, we really do need to get with the times and upgrade
from 6.6!)

The issue I'm having, is how we can do the same search. This is the params
we used to pass:

q={!match%20qf=description%20analyze_as=synonymized%20search_with=phrase%20mm=3%20pslop=8}bread

Put nicely:

qf=description
analyze_as=synonymized
search_with=phrase
mm=3
pslop=8

synonymized is a fieldType we have:

  <fieldType name="synonymized" class="solr.TextField">
      <analyzer type="query">
            <filter class="solr.SynonymGraphFilterFactory"
synonyms="synonyms.txt" format="solr" ignoreCase="true" expand="true"
tokenizerFactory="solr.WhitespaceTokenizerFactory"/>
            <filter class="solr.PatternReplaceFilterFactory" pattern="(_)"
replacement=" " replace="all"/>
            <filter class="solr.EnglishPossessiveFilterFactory"/>
      </analyzer>
  </fieldType>

The ideal solution would be to get that plugin working with 8.11.1 , but I
have zero clue on how to compile it into a .jar!

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

Andy

Re: Query parser

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@opensourceconnections.com>.
Andy,
Glad this plugin is working for you!   It’s archived as we haven’t been using/maintaining it lately, but if you are interested in updating it, I’d be happy to unarchive it.

Looks like the last version was for Solr 7.6, and that you build it using Maven.  I don’t know if it would be a simple upgrade of just changing the dependencies in the POM or not.

Eric

> On Dec 30, 2021, at 5:14 AM, Andy Newby <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to get this plugin going on Solr 8.11.1?
>
> https://github.com/o19s/match-query-parser
> <https://github.com/o19s/match-query-parser/issues>
>
> We currently use it on 6.6, but are having to upgrade due to the lovely
> log4j issue (and also, we really do need to get with the times and upgrade
> from 6.6!)
>
> The issue I'm having, is how we can do the same search. This is the params
> we used to pass:
>
> q={!match%20qf=description%20analyze_as=synonymized%20search_with=phrase%20mm=3%20pslop=8}bread
>
> Put nicely:
>
> qf=description
> analyze_as=synonymized
> search_with=phrase
> mm=3
> pslop=8
>
> synonymized is a fieldType we have:
>
>  <fieldType name="synonymized" class="solr.TextField">
>      <analyzer type="query">
>          <tokenizer class="solr.WhitespaceTokenizerFactory"/>
>            <filter class="solr.LowerCaseFilterFactory"/>
>            <filter class="solr.SynonymGraphFilterFactory"
> synonyms="synonyms.txt" format="solr" ignoreCase="true" expand="true"
> tokenizerFactory="solr.WhitespaceTokenizerFactory"/>
>            <filter class="solr.PatternReplaceFilterFactory" pattern="(_)"
> replacement=" " replace="all"/>
>            <filter class="solr.EnglishPossessiveFilterFactory"/>
>      </analyzer>
>  </fieldType>
>
> The ideal solution would be to get that plugin working with 8.11.1 , but I
> have zero clue on how to compile it into a .jar!
>

> Any suggestions would be much appreciated
>
> Andy

Eric Pugh | Founder & CEO | OpenSource Connections, LLC | 434.466.1467 | http://www.opensourceconnections.com <http://www.opensourceconnections.com/> | My Free/Busy <http://tinyurl.com/eric-cal>
Co-Author: Apache Solr Enterprise Search Server, 3rd Ed <https://www.packtpub.com/big-data-and-business-intelligence/apache-solr-enterprise-search-server-third-edition-raw>
This e-mail and all contents, including attachments, is considered to be Company Confidential unless explicitly stated otherwise, regardless of whether attachments are marked as such.