Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Vikas Bhatia <vi...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/16 20:11:01 UTC

Jackrabbit on DB2 ZOS v 8

Jackrabbit persistence on DB2 ZOS v 8 is different than it is for most
databases. We had to make certain changes to the jackrabbit core in
order to get it working.

Changes involved 3 java and 2 ddl and 1 repository.xml file in the paths listed:
* jackrabbit-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/fs/db
DatabaseFileSystem.java
DB2FileSystem.java
db2-zos.ddl

* jackrabbit-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/persistence/db
DatabasePersistenceManager.java
db2-zos.ddl

* repository.xml

We would like to contribute these changes back to the community since
they might help someone in the future.

Ideally these changes should be reflected in the upcoming releases but
DB2 ZOS has limitation on 8 character tablespace and database names.
Thus we had to change the java files and hardcode a couple of values
in the repository.xml. The default workspace had to be changed to def.
Workspaces created using this code again have to take into account the
8 character limit. These changes might not be compatible with all
databases. In that case we could just contribute this code into the
contrib dir or put it up on the wiki.

Please advice.

Vikas.

Re: Jackrabbit on DB2 ZOS v 8

Posted by Vikas Bhatia <vi...@gmail.com>.
@David, @Stefan

This is a rare setup and we know it :)

I will put it up on the wiki shortly. Anything beyond that is at the
jackrabbit team's discretion.

Regards.

Vikas

Re: Jackrabbit on DB2 ZOS v 8