Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net> on 2013/03/01 08:18:27 UTC

Re: Initialize not running during Install?

I doubt that this plugin is not executed when you perform a "mvn install"
if it executes for "mvn initialize". If it would be the case, it's a bug in
Maven core.

If you're using Maven 3, the console output will very clearly state the
plugins being executed. Could you execute "mvn install" and ensure the
plugin is not being executed. Compare to the output of "mvn initialize".

If you still think something is wrong, we need a test case to try to
reproduce.

/Anders

Posted by Vincent Latombe <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

what you are trying to do cannot work within one maven execution.

In your case, mvn initialize works because maven-install-plugin doesn't
require dependencies of the project, so the build plan can be executed.

mvn install cannot work, because dependencies are resolved before any
plugin part of the build plan gets executed. The build plan includes a
maven-compiler-plugin execution, which requires compile dependencies. The
dependency doesn't exist, so it cannot run the build plan.

The best practice for this case is to rely on an MRM to store artifacts not
already in a maven repository. Other solutions include a setUp script meant
to be run before the first maven execution.

Regards,

Vincent

Posted by "Macbeth, Andrew (US SSA)" <an...@baesystems.com>.
Thanks to all. Simply knowing that this can't work will help me from beating my head against the wall trying to make it work.
Very much appreciate the explanations.

Andy

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
It turns out I was wrong. You got the answer to why this happens from
someone else in this thread.

/Anders

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 2:06 PM, Macbeth, Andrew (US SSA) <