Posted to user@struts.apache.org by De Landa Gil Agustin <ag...@gis.com.mx> on 2008/04/08 15:35:29 UTC

Problem with struts in JSP

Hello I have a very strange problem.

I have an application that we developed in JAVA and the application works ok in Windows.

We recentl deployed the same application in Linux REDHAT and the application seemed to worked fine, until the user reported to us a problem.

After doing research it happens that in Linux RedHat instructions like this:

<s:if test="${marca.claseDeMarca != null}">

All of our jsp pages do not work at all, while in Windows they work ok. Looks like a Struts problem to us.

This makes the appplication in linux to work incorrectly as the test always evaluates to FALSE and in windows the test evaluates to TRUE.

We use Oracle Database and the tomcat version we have is JAKARTA-TOMCAT-5.0.28

Any help will be appreciated.

Agustin.

Agustín de Landa Gil

Grupo Industrial Saltillo

Tel: (844) 411-7114 Ext. 7114

Fax: (844) 411 7105

agustin.delanda@gis.com.mx<ma...@gis.com.mx>

NOTICE: This e-mail transmission, and any other documents, like files or previous-mail messages attached to it, may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of any of the information contained in or attached to this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender, permanently delete it and destroy any copies of it that were printed out. Grupo Industrial Saltillo is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt. Thank you.

Visit us at www.gis.com.mx<file:///C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\agustin.delanda\Datos%20de%20programa\Microsoft\Signatures\www.gis.com.mx> <http://www.gis.com.mx/>

AVISO: Este correo electrónico, y cualquier otro documento, como archivos o mensajes previos adjuntos, pueden contener información de tipo privilegiada y/o confidencial. Si usted no es el destinatario, o la persona responsable para entregarlo al destinatario, se le notifica que cualquier revelación, copiado, distribución o uso de cualquier información contenida o adjunta a este mensaje esta ESTRICTAMENTE PROHIBIDA. Si usted recibió este correo electrónico por error, por favor, notifique inmediatamente al remitente, elimínelo permanentemente y destruya cualquier copia que haya sido impresa. Grupo Industrial Saltillo no es responsable por la correcta transmision de la informacion contenida en este medio, o de cualquier retraso del mismo con respecto a la entrega al destinatario. Gracias.

Visite nuestra página en www.gis.com.mx<file:///C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\agustin.delanda\Datos%20de%20programa\Microsoft\Signatures\www.gis.com.mx> <http://www.gis.com.mx/> ==================================================

Re: Problem with struts in JSP

Posted by Jeromy Evans <je...@blueskyminds.com.au>.
This line:

<s:if test="${marca.claseDeMarca != null}">

should read:

<s:if test="%{marca.claseDeMarca != null}">

The first from instructs the container to evaluate the expression as EL.
The second form instructs the tag to evaluate the expression as OGNL.

You must be using struts < 2.0.10 as the first form is no longer
permitted within struts tags.
Assuming your deployments are identical, the only reason the first form
could yield a different result is if the containers are different in
their evaluation of the EL.